Use 7zip as default zip file manager; Set 7zip as default; Open With 7zip
Also, FileTypesMan from NirSoft is an excellent file types manager:
- Download and install 7-zip (free) from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
- Open My Computer/Windows Explorer. Select Tools> Folder Options.
- Select the File Types tab and click the New button.
- Type zip into the file extension text field and click OK.
- Select the ZIP extension if not already selected and click change.
- Click Select the program from a list and click OK.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe and click Open.
- Click OK and zip files will now be opened with 7-zip.